Public Service Announcement
October 31, 2007

The Lawsons are huge proponents of therapy. That's what happens when you have other people's children running around all day, WIC vouchers lining your purse, and nasty old blog trolls. If you live in the Dallas area and are in need of mental health services at an affordable price (e.g. you're a babysitter with a masters degree), the medical school offers counseling at a deeply discounted rate. For as little as ten dollars per session, you'll be able to meet with psychology students working on their PhDs and psychiatric residents. For more information, call 214-648-7012. Forget the ballet, guess what we're doing on our next date!

And if you don't live in Dallas, consider calling your local university to learn about similar programs.

Many thanks to the reader who informed me about that fantastic resource.

4 comments:

J~Mom said...

Well geesh, I never would have started running if I knew I could get therapy that cheap. Now ya tell me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back! I read your blog all the time, and I was missing you for a few days! :)

I think you are absolutely hilarious, and you deserve a lot of credit for putting yourself out there in such a personal way. And making it funny-- really funny!!

chattypatra said...

Bwahahahahaha! Ooooh, boy. I know someone who spent hundreds of dollars on therapy trying to get to the root of her problems (pssst...me!), and she's still screwed as can be. Should I go scare the baby shrinks out of their chosen profession? I am sorely tempted. Hee.

Michelle Glauser said...

All the advice on your blog isn't enough? Do you think psychiatric help could get me to like running more and eating nutella less?