May 19, 2007
Today, I have reached a milestone in my short blogging career--I have broken the one-thousand barrier. In other words, more than 1,000 different people have visited my blog since I started keeping stats.
I won't lie...I feel fantastic. Afterall, this is the second biggest accomplishment of my life. My overall most significant accomplishment came when I managed to stay within the 25 to 35 pound weight gain limit during my pregnancy. Apparently I shared my success with every single doctor, nurse, receptionist, janitor, lab technician, parking attendant, and patient while I was under anesthesia for my c-section.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you, my loyal readers in cyberland. Please know that you significantly boost my [sometimes fragile] self-esteem with every click of that mouse. Watching my count-o-meter rise has given my life a new sense of purpose, and for that I am grateful. So thank you. Thank you for choosing my blog as one of your many procrastination outlets at work, home, and school.
I fully intend on celebrating this achievement thoughout the day.
- First, I will eat a 1,000 calorie super-value meal from Wendy's for dinner tonight.
- Then, I will follow it up with a 1,000 calorie extra large frozen Blizzard treat from Dairy Queen.
- I will put $1,000 worth of airline tickets on our credit card for my cousin's wedding in June.
- I will watch Jared wash, dry, fold and put away 1,000 pieces of laundry that we dirtied while he was fishing with his buddies this week.
- And finally, I will nag Jared 1,000 times to take the garbage to the dumpster while I watch 1,000 consecutive minutes of cut-rate reruns on TV.
Gosh, I just love celebrations!!!
And seriously, thank you again. I love doing this.