One Thousand
May 19, 2007

Today, I have reached a milestone in my short blogging career--I have broken the one-thousand barrier. In other words, more than 1,000 different people have visited my blog since I started keeping stats.
I won't lie...I feel fantastic. Afterall, this is the second biggest accomplishment of my life. My overall most significant accomplishment came when I managed to stay within the 25 to 35 pound weight gain limit during my pregnancy. Apparently I shared my success with every single doctor, nurse, receptionist, janitor, lab technician, parking attendant, and patient while I was under anesthesia for my c-section.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you, my loyal readers in cyberland. Please know that you significantly boost my [sometimes fragile] self-esteem with every click of that mouse. Watching my count-o-meter rise has given my life a new sense of purpose, and for that I am grateful. So thank you. Thank you for choosing my blog as one of your many procrastination outlets at work, home, and school.

I fully intend on celebrating this achievement thoughout the day.
  • First, I will eat a 1,000 calorie super-value meal from Wendy's for dinner tonight.

  • Then, I will follow it up with a 1,000 calorie extra large frozen Blizzard treat from Dairy Queen.

  • I will put $1,000 worth of airline tickets on our credit card for my cousin's wedding in June.

  • I will watch Jared wash, dry, fold and put away 1,000 pieces of laundry that we dirtied while he was fishing with his buddies this week.

  • And finally, I will nag Jared 1,000 times to take the garbage to the dumpster while I watch 1,000 consecutive minutes of cut-rate reruns on TV.
Gosh, I just love celebrations!!!

And seriously, thank you again. I love doing this.

3 comments:

Jen Taylor said...

Woo-hoo to you! Congratulations, Amy! I know I have sent your blog address to some of my friends saying, "read this, it's freaking hilarious!" And apparently, they do!

Katy Shamitz said...

congrats, amy! way to blog!

Anonymous said...

You can thank your sister - Katy posted your blog on our IV Playgroup and now I (along with many other moms of snowflakes) am addicted!