Celebrate Easter with a Poops...I mean Peeps...Cake!

April 3, 2010

Every year, the same thing happens...

Easter rolls around, my mother finds a nice picture of a nice cake in Better Homes n' Gardens magazine, and she decides that we absolutely must have our own version of the photo-worthy treat at our holiday celebration.

This year, the Easter dessert that will grace our table is the Peeps Sunflower cake.

Behold:


It's cute, it's clever, and my goodness it sure looks easy enough! All you have to do is take one package of cake mix, some store-bought frosting, a handful of chocolate chips, a package of Peeps, you throw it all together, and you get this:


Ten ducks taking a dump in a giant, communal toilet.

I mean really, Mom? Really? Did you really have to put the ducks ass end in? Kind of makes me feel like I'm at the Bronx Zoo. There's nothing flowery about it.

When my mother serves it tomorrow afternoon, she should be like, "Christ the Lord has risen today! Hallelujah! And please, let this cake be a reminder to get your DPT booster shot...and always use plenty of hand sanitizer...and don't feed the ducks."

Any way you slice it, my mom is very proud of her creation:


Those little poops are just so springy!

21 comments:

The Slacker Mom said...

I have tears in my eyes I laughed so hard at this- I really needed that. Thanks!

Kirsty said...

I am positively weak with laughter. Her radiant, adoring smile at the end just clinched it. At least she is very pretty. Enjoy your poop cake.

Unknown said...

Yeah, none for me thanks.

Taren said...

(laughing) oh. my.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

When you decide to do a "best of the Lawsons" section for this blog, remind me to vote for this post.

FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC said...

How great is this! We actually did our own similar peeps expirement. I'll be posting my wife & I's pics tomorrow.

Loved seeeing yours - my wife & I were laughing sharing in your experience.

Karen said...

I've made some very interesting cakes in my day that looked nothing like the magazine pictures. Props to your Mom for giving it her best shot.

Katy Shamitz said...

Ty is eating his "chicken poop cake" now... very happily. Happy Easter, Mom!

Unknown said...

LOL @ pooping Peeps. Looks delish!

Bahston Beans said...

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Lauging! It looks like something my eight year old would do.

Grandma said...

You didn't photograph the cake from its best side...or me for that matter.

chattypatra said...

My father is wondering why in the world I am staring at the computer screen and laughing so hard. Bwah! That cake...really takes the cake. Classic! Hahahaha.

X-Country2 said...

I heart your mom. :o)

Sarah said...

Oh you crack me up! My friend Angie aparantly read the same magazine. Here's how her peep cake came out. I'm just sayin'...it's doable ;)
http://agiggleaday.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunflower-peep-cake.html

TanyaG said...

Totally awesome.

dearjenn said...

Totally frickin hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

wendy said...

Oh "crap" that is just too funny!!!!

Unknown said...

oh no . . . I am laughing so hard right now. . . oh no, no, no. . .!!

Grandma said...

I am looking forward to NOT having to see this!

Anonymous said...

Hysterical!

Your poor mom...
-FringeGirl