Congratulations Beth!
July 27, 2007

Congratulations to my good friend Beth. She gave birth to a healthy baby boy sometime last night. Please don't get too excited about the picture of that baby over there. That's not him. I have no clue who that baby even is. I got him off of Google, and I think he might be of Asian decent.

Beth called last night around 8 o'clock to give me an update, and called again around 11 to let me know that the baby had been born. She woke me up from a dead sleep, and I wish you could have heard our conversation--it was awesome. She was totally groggy from pushing out a baby, and I was all groggy from sleeping. The phone rang and I knew it was Beth from the caller ID, so I picked it up and this is what happened:

Me: Yup?

Beth: I had the baby.

Me: Oh, that's good Beth.

Beth: Seven seven.

Me: Seven is a lucky number. Guess you have a lucky baby.

Beth: Yeah, and he was born in July of '07. That's another seven seven.

Me: Whoa. Very, very cool.

Beth: Ok, bye.

Me: Wait.

Beth: Ok.

Me: What does he look like?

Beth: He's light. Light brown hair. You should see him.

Me: Yeah, I want to.

Beth: Ok. Bye.

-dial tone-

When I woke up this morning I realized that I failed to find out a few of the details--like the child's name. Luckily I walked by Beth's house this morning and there was an "It's a Boy!" sign telling me everything that I needed to know, so here's the scoop...Caleb John weighed in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and is a perfectly proportioned 20.5" long. Most importantly, Beth and Caleb are both doing well.

CONGRATULATIONS!

2 comments:

Katy Shamitz said...

big congrats, beth! welcome caleb!

MillerFam said...

Amy, so am I going to see you next week or not? (Marj and I will be there Thursday at some point, heading out Friday a.m. for the Big Apple) I can't WAIT to see Caleb. I about peed my pants when I saw that photo in the corner. Beth will be home today, I will give her till Monday before I start harrassing her sleep deprived self to send Aunt Amy some pictures pronto!! By the way, that Wallet story . . . classic!
Hugs-Amy