And the results are in...

February 23, 2009

Last Monday I used a randomly generated writing prompt as motivation to share my story of Jared's masterful singing skills, and my razor sharp manipulation skills. I have no doubt that together, we'd make a very successful pair of panhandlers.

I'll be using a writing prompt every Monday for the next five weeks and inviting you guys to join in, too. Then, the following Friday (or Monday, or whenever the crud I feel like it day) I'll post links to everyone who decided to participate.

Last week's prompt was "Why even sing? Write about a time when someone was singing badly." So now, without further ado, I present to you a list of amazingly cool people who like to do what I say:

The first to go for it was Kimi. Not only does Kimi have nice long hair and excellent taste in glasses, but she should probably slap on a bikini and audition for America Idol. Really Kimi, you should.

Next up was Mia, who describes herself as a long time stalker. And you know what? Now that I think about it, I swear I've seen this girl slowly drive by my house in a practical, reliable family vehicle twenty or thirty times.

And then of course, we have the lovely Michelle, who very well might be the longest, most loyal reader of my blog. She chose to take a more serious approach to the writing prompt because du-uh, that's what Europe-dwellers who have a masters in Literature do--they take their shiz very seriously.

The next to jump on board was Patricia, who is lucky enough to be related to me. Patricia is Jared's cousin out in Idaho and her dry, tell-it-like-it-is blog always makes me laugh. She wrote about Jared's Grandma Clara--who, despite being one of my very favorite people in the world, couldn't carry a tune in a shopping bag. But my goodness, Clara loved to sing, and she sure did it with gusto!

And finally, Emily promises that she'll post her story today. And we all know that procrastination in any shape or form is more than good enough for me!

Thanks for your participation everyone!

4 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Thanks for taking my shiz seriously. Er, I guess that's me taking my shiz seriously. Thanks for noticing? ;D

Emily said...

oh NO, I haven't posted it yet. AHHHH!!

Emily said...

okay, NOW i've done it.

http://emilyssomething.blogspot.com/2009/02/jimmy-and-terry.html

Anonymous said...

Blogger Michemily said...

Thanks for taking my shiz seriously. Er, I guess that's me taking my shiz seriously. Thanks for noticing?

___________________
Smarry
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment