Late Night Musings

June 19, 2009

Happy Friday, everyone. I don't know how the weather's holding up in your neck of the woods, but it's pouring buckets up here, and it's not slated to stop until Sunday.

Please understand that the previous statement wasn't meant to be taken as a complaint, but merely as a statement of fact. Regular old rain is nothing--you won't hear me complain until the sky opens up and starts dropping cat poo or flavored cream of wheat. I really hate cream of wheat.

Last night, it was raining so hard that I was startled awake in a super confused stupor--which is more common than I care to admit these days. Last week for example, I startled myself awake when I became frustrated with our sticky deadbolt lock. Apparently I was on my way to check in on our elderly neighbors. Huh.

So last night, I woke up to the sound of the rain, I turned to Jared and said, "I hate big cats. If I ever see a mountain lion walking through our yard, I swear I'll kill it."

"No you wouldn't."

"Yes I would," I spat back. "I don't care if it's lying around licking its paws, I'll shoot it."

"No you wouldn't."

"Jared," I said, "If it could kill James, and it's in my yard, then I'm shooting it."

"What about a bear," he asked? "What would you do if a bear walked through our yard?"

"A bear," I repeated? "I'd probably tie a giant bow around its neck and hug it for an hour."

It was the middle of the night, it made perfect sense.

9 comments:

X-Country2 said...

They don't give lions cute names like Teddy for a reason!

Grandma said...

What would you do if a moose came by?

Amber Lynae said...

Nighttime conversations are the absolute best, it is almost as good as dream logic. Like the dream I had a couple weeks ago, when I won the heart of the super hot guy, only to find out her was one of the aliens I was running for, and he cut my head open to eat some of my brain, but I was going to be ok as long as He didn't eat too much. I just planned on staying with him. yeah explain that to me. If someone takes a bite of my brain, and I'm living, they won't be for long.

Jes said...

I love it! Conversations when I'm half asleep are by far the most amusing.

Cheryl said...

You guys have the most interesting pillow talk I have ever heard!

chattypatra said...

I have one! What would you do if one of your friends came by in the middle of the night to smack you over the head with your own cellphone? Would you kill her too?

Michelle Glauser said...

I'm taking a break from my regularly-scheduled thesis writing. I have 2/3 done. And a week. And yet, I made time to read your blog, because I love it. And I want to hug the bear too. Things like that sound totally normal to me. I've rarely talked to other human beings recently . . .

Tanwon said...

I had a nighttime conversation two nights ago. I tried to convince my sleeping husband that I was not drunk. "You are so plastered" he kept saying.

Anonymous said...

Very nice article thanks for the sharing...............

___________________
Smarry
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment