September 20, 2010
Sometimes I wish I drank beer. Like today. I have this pork roast thing in the crock pot for tonight, and it just seems like a Pumpkinhead Ale would pair up with it quite beautifully.
The only other time I wish I drank beer is after long races. I think the moderate dehydration, plus the alcohol could make for a really good time. Or a quick trip to the ER--either way.
But I don't drink beer, and that's okay.
Other than that, I just a have a few things to catch you all up on:
1) Maggie licked our home phone (which is actually a cell phone), and now it doesn't work. My cell phone only works when it wants to, and between those two technological issues, I'm feeling very pioneer-esque.
2) I really kind of want a Garmin for my long runs and for when I do speed work. The 405 is too pricey, and the 305 is roughly the size of a brick--but a very well priced brick. Can someone offer up a strong opinion here? What to do, what to do?
3) I'm still winning the pizza contest.
4) I'm still hopelessly dependent on caffeine and I'm loving every minute of it.
5) Mindy is a marathoner!
6) Maggie untied the belt tie thing on my wrap dress yesterday while I was walking from the Chapel to the Mother's Lounge at church. Approximately seven people saw my goods. It was unexpectedly invigorating.
7) I signed up for a few cross country races, and in a moment of pure excitement I bounded up to the attic to dig out my fifteen year old racing spikes. I couldn't even begin to get them on guys--it was like trying to put a sock on a gallon of milk. Fatter ass, fatter feet, what's next? Let me just say, if my clavicles get fatter, I'm throwing in the towel. They're the best part of my body.
8) I know I have a super strict no WalMart policy (you can read about it here and here...and I'm promising you that I've adhered to it), but I'm determined to get my friend Kim to do a lap through WalMart and a lap through Target on our next long run.
9) I'm making a Julia Child recipe tonight, please bow down to my fanciness. But not too fast--I'm totally using Stove Top Stuffing. It's the best.
10) So really, Garmin thoughts? I'm chained to my treadmill on speed work days.