On Second Thought...
May 23, 2007

On second thought, maybe someone would like to adopt my greyhound pictured on the left. Her name is Gracie, and I'm not gonna lie...she's a bad dog.

Yesterday afternoon, I ran to the post office. The entire trip took about 20 minutes. When I got back, Alex (the stray dog on the right) was sprawled out, sleeping quietly on the balcony. Everything was just as I'd left it. Gracie, on the other hand, was lying on her back on her overstuffed, very expensive dog pillow. She was moaning and groaning like an old person who had some kind of horrible, chronic stomach issues.

As she reluctantly stood up to greet me, I became 100% certain that she indeed had a stomach ache. After all, that's what happens when you eat an entire cake and half of its attractive plastic housing in one sitting.

Stupid dog. She ate my angel food cake. I was supposed to be the one to eat that whole cake in one sitting, not Gracie.

And there went my day, right down the old proverbial pisser.

So if you're interested in a dog with a ridiculous farting problem (especially today), who can get food off the top of the fridge, will help you stay within your allotted weight watchers points, and will probably develop type 2 diabetes in the near future, then Gracie the greyhound is your girl.

1 comment:

Kristan said...

You make me laugh yet again. Thanks for brightening up my day.