March 20, 2009
Well happy Friday everyone. I for one, am more than ready to have this week stuffed into an envelope, sealed up, and mailed off to Siberia--never to be seen or heard from again. And if at all possible, I'd probably squeeze a few people in there, too.
Yes, my week has been that good.
In honor of my thoroughly shiztastic five days, I'm going to write about something totally and completely unrelated. Like, ummm, let's see...this isn't going so well. I'll just tell you about five good things that happened this week.
1. James seems to have kicked his chronic nose picking problem once and for all. As soon as I came up with a strategy, it worked like a charm. Basically it went like this: The first time I saw James put his thumb up his nostril (I know, the kid uses his thumb! Who does that?!) I casually said, "Ooooh, that's too bad. Santa doesn't bring presents to little boys who pick their noses." Let me tell you, it stopped my kid right in his tracks. Now, whenever I see that fat little thumb headed toward that fat little nose, all I have to do is raise my eyebrows, purse my lips, and mouth the word "Santa." Works like a charm. Every time.
2. I hit my friend's car with my car, buuuuttt, drumroll please........Ta da! No damage! That, you guys, is a really good thing.
3. Call me crazy, but I really think that spring is here to stay in Maine! The snowbanks are only up to my waist, the ice fishing shacks are coming off the lake, the temperatures are up near 50, and I can see the sun! Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that James found a little flower fighting its way up in one of our beds. Spring is great.
4. On Tuesday there was a random and unexpected $50 check in the mailbox. It was an insurance reimbursement from a million-and-a-half months ago. I used it to buy dog food. My dog loves dog food.
5. (Just so you know, I'm really stretching it here.) My husband is a really nice person who looks great in a pair of slim trousers from Banana Republic. He also looks insanely good in expensive shoes, and he had a great hair day yesterday.
Wow. That made me feel like a million-trillion bucks.
So. What was great about your week?