And now for the happy ending...
May 30, 2007

Gus, the dog formerly known as Alex, has found his forever home. He's living in The Colony, Texas (yes, that's actually the name of the town--weird) with one volunteer fire fighter, his lovely wife and two 11ish year old boys. He has a big back yard and a basset hound brother. I couldn't be happier.

In a moment of sheer genius, I posted Gus on TexasHuntingForum.com. He was snapped up in an instant based on the fact that his breed of dog is supposedly able to singlehandedly take down a 1,000 wild boar. Sounds like a good time to me!

The fire fighter read the post at 3pm, talked to his wife, and Gus was picked up and gone by 7. Considering the fact the The Colonly is 45 minutes away, these people really, really wanted Gus. That's good. He's a good boy. He deserves to be wanted. We were able to meet the whole family. Their Texas accents and won me over instantly--so I'll say it again. I couldn't be happier.

I will admit that I cried like my middle section was being run over by a VW Mini Bus when he left, but now I'm feeling relieved. Gracie has opened her eyes for a total of 16 minutes today, and that's they way I like it. She's like a speed bump that breaths, poops, and requires veterinary care--perfecto.

Back to normal. Phew.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Gus is headed for the good life. You done good,Amy!

Anonymous said...

aww that's great. I had a Basset named Gus, weird.

-Mel

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Gus/Alex has a happy home. Although I will miss sotires of his adventures, a dog that can down a 1000 lb wild boar may not be best-suited for condo life! Happy hunting, Gus!