Kids...gotta love 'em.
May 11, 2007

Yesterday was a beautiful day, so we went to the park. I was pushing James on the swing while Jared walked around with our dog, Gracie. Gracie is a unique looking dog to say the least. We've had children mistake her for a tiger, a kangaroo, an ant eater, an anorexic, and even a dinosaur. The dinosaur incident was the best. As we walked by the park, a child on the playscape yelled, "I like your dog, Mister!" Another child, the stereotypical bossy-know-it-all-type, retorted with "That's not a dog, that's a dinosaur." Forty-nine children ducked and covered with haste. Before I could stop myself, I cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled "No need to worry guys, she's a plant eater!" Forty nine children emerged from the playscape with thoroughly amazed expressions, and twentyish parents gave me that unmistakeable 'get away from my kid you weirdo' look.

Children generally aren't used to seeing these types of exotic animals at the neighborhood park, so Gracie tends to get a lot of attention. Yesterday, the bulk of the attention was given by a very cute little girl who looked to be barely three. She had a beautiful dark complexion, circle-shaped black eyes, and her hair was done in two dark-black pigtails. She was wearing a pink outfit that prominently featured Dora, and had matching light-up sandals. From what I could tell, she loved to skip. She approached Jared, and he fully expected her to ask permission to pet Gracie, or ask what type of zoo species she was. Instead, this happened:

Cute Little Girl: Does your dog poop?

Jared: Yup, she does.

CLG: Does she poop at home?

Jared: No, she poops while we walk her.

CLG: What do you do with the poop?
Jared: We scoop it up and throw it away so nobody steps in it.
CLG: She's different than my dog. My dog poops at home.
Jared: Oh.
CLG: Yeah, my dog makes some big ass poops.

Jared: [silence. mouth hanging open]

Call me crazy, but that kid got about ten times cuter after I heard that whopper fly out of her innocent, little mouth! That's my kind of girl!

4 comments:

Samye said...

Hilarious! I love that - Gracie does resemble a dinosaur when we you are smaller than her like the typical child.

Jen Taylor said...

Allan nearly peed himself when I had him read this post. He's decided he wants to keep up with your blog. :)

Amy said...

What up Allan!!!????

Anonymous said...

OMG that is TOO funny! It's always funny when someone else's kid swears.

I think she's an adorable dino and I would have yelled the same thing!