Friday the 13th of March, 2009
It's official. Like 87% of my fellow countrymen, my job is officially on very shaky ground. Luckily I'm under contract until the end of next month, but after that, who knows.
Some people would look at the situation and say, "Darn, in a few months I might get laid off. I could be out of a job!"
But not me. I view the situation and think to myself, "Wow, in a few months the sky could be my limit!" or "Wow, in two months I might have a supermodel body from a forced starvation diet!" or "Wow, it's about damn time I live like a doctor's wife. I need my free time. And where's my Lexus?"
Okay fine, I'm not that optimistic. I'm just acting that way.
So today my fine readers, I'm coming to you, looking for some career advice. What in the crap should I do with my life?
Here are a few ideas that I've been bouncing around:
1) I could work for my husband as his super sexy front desk lady. Honestly now, if I was sitting in his front window who wouldn't come in for some routine spinal care? The only problem is as of now, Jared can afford to pay me somewhere in the range of $1.49 an hour. I'm not sure if I'm willing to take a 50% pay cut. We'll see.
2) I could be a stay-at-home mom again. Remember when I used to be a stay-at-home mom? There were lots of blog posts back in those days! But of course there are some issues with this arrangement, too. First, no pay. Second, James is school aged now--I've been working while he's gone in the mornings. I'm afraid I'll become grossly obese if I don't have any work responsibilities to tend to.
3) I could become a police officer. Yeah no, I'm not kidding. Something about the high-waisted pants and the flat-brimmed hat have always appealed to me. I could pass the physical fitness test in a snap, I'm a very responsible driver, and I have a consuming passion for bakery goods. I have a squeaky clean record, but heaven help me if they decide to Google my name. One liners about my ass are all over the internet.
4) I could work for the State of Maine in a cubicle and love every minute of it. (That was just in case they Google me, too.)
5) I could open up my very own cupcake bakery across from Jared's office.
And after that, I'm officially out of ideas. If you have any suggestions, you can leave them in the comments.
And please, share your ideas...my the brightness of my future depends upon your suggestions.