June 11, 2009
Today I have a random spattering of this and that. Here goes:
1. Jared had a really nice, long talk with our tattoo neighbor yesterday afternoon. Apparently he has no face tattoos, no facial piercings, and looks a helluva lot like Danny Gokey from American Idol. Turns out the guy charges $150 and hour, used the word "upscale" more than once during the conversation, and plans to use the space as an art gallery several nights a month.
I am happy to say that I'm once again breathing on my own, without the assistance of any medical machinery or CPR.
2. A big thank you for all of your input on the 4th of July float. Thanks to all of your fabulous and inspirational ideas, the final (and incredible) float idea came to me in a dream. Rather than trying to explain it, I've provided you with a truly exceptional sketch:
That's Uncle Sam in an xray machine. Got it? Can you see it? My master plan is to have Uncle Sam, Honest Abe, The Statue of Liberty, and some other very important American patriots all wearing their own xray apparatus. They'll walk along side a pickup truck where a few very happy volunteers will throw all sorts of memorable items to the captivated crowd.
3. If you're a good person who wants to make the world a better place, you should click here.
4. I ate half of a bag of Cheetos last night while I sat on the couch and watched WipeOut. That is the greatest show in the world, and it was the greatest night of my life.
5. I have officially made the move from running in races to volunteering for races. I have my first half-marathon volunteer meeting tonight and dude, I'm so psyched up! I'm definitely planning to wear my sweats and bring my ipod. And then, on race day, there's no question that I'll win my age group in cone setting upping and runner registration.
Happy Thursday, everyone.