Because I Like Cuteness, Too

September 4, 2008

Contrary to popular belief, I actually do feel great joy when I encounter the cuter things of the world. Like my three-year-old son, James.

And here he is in full effect.

Two hours ago, a tractor, a crane, and a pick-up truck with a trailer pulled into my neighbor's yard to do some kind of a complex landscaping project. James dragged this stool over to our front window, carefully climbed up for the view, and has been enjoying the man-action ever since.

He's all, "OOOOHHHHH MOMMY!!!! Dat man es usin' a so cooo CHAIN SAW!!!!" And then he gives me his very best impression of gas-powered machinery.

I might just sneak across the street tonight and pull up everyone of my neighbor's new bushes. That way these guys could entertain James again tomorrow--and I'd have some nice, new shrubbery.

14 comments:

Ian said...

That's great! My boys run to the front window every Friday morning to watch the trash truck pick up the trash cans.

Heather of the EO said...

Yes, the man stuff. My boy is also in LOVE with it all. I do love to see his excitement too.
Such a great photo.

Minnie said...

What a great picture!

You should go snap one from the front yard too.

Harshes said...

Very cute and I love your stool!

Grandma said...

oh that's so cute! Hi James!!

Heidi said...

Cute picture. That's what I call entertainment!

chattypatra said...

James needs a plaque on his bedroom door that reads Mr. Cute.

My Kinder students used to go nuts every time the garbage truck would come to the school. They couldn't stop watching. I'm always fascinated by machines and, think, how did they come up with that?

Love the stool too! I had one as a child. My brother bought it for me and helped me to decoupage it with words I liked from magazines. I was around 8 yrs. old, of course!

Bahston Beans said...

What are you going to do when James asks for his own Bobcat or bulldozer for Xmas?

Heather said...

Agreed -- such a cute picture. Of course is those things that keeps him entertained for hours...

Lady Hermione said...

Great pic. I have 7 little boys in my special ed kindergarten class this year... if the bulldozers come back can we come over to watch????

Unknown said...

Ahh...that is great.

What a treasure for a boy! I bet he thinks its Christmas with all that great work going on.

Heather said...

Too cute!

Hilary said...

Ooohh Amy, that kid is so cooo! Great shot. :)

Team O'Connor said...

Your house looks really nice. Not that it shows a whole lot in that picture, but I really like your choice in stools. I've seen those before and also loved them.
So I haven't made it up to that hotel yet, but I still have about 2 months left. Kinda excited to get outta here, not gonna lie.