This and That

June 11, 2009

Today I have a random spattering of this and that. Here goes:

1. Jared had a really nice, long talk with our tattoo neighbor yesterday afternoon. Apparently he has no face tattoos, no facial piercings, and looks a helluva lot like Danny Gokey from American Idol. Turns out the guy charges $150 and hour, used the word "upscale" more than once during the conversation, and plans to use the space as an art gallery several nights a month.

I am happy to say that I'm once again breathing on my own, without the assistance of any medical machinery or CPR.

2. A big thank you for all of your input on the 4th of July float. Thanks to all of your fabulous and inspirational ideas, the final (and incredible) float idea came to me in a dream. Rather than trying to explain it, I've provided you with a truly exceptional sketch:
That's Uncle Sam in an xray machine. Got it? Can you see it? My master plan is to have Uncle Sam, Honest Abe, The Statue of Liberty, and some other very important American patriots all wearing their own xray apparatus. They'll walk along side a pickup truck where a few very happy volunteers will throw all sorts of memorable items to the captivated crowd.

Foolproof.

3. If you're a good person who wants to make the world a better place, you should click here.

4. I ate half of a bag of Cheetos last night while I sat on the couch and watched WipeOut. That is the greatest show in the world, and it was the greatest night of my life.

5. I have officially made the move from running in races to volunteering for races. I have my first half-marathon volunteer meeting tonight and dude, I'm so psyched up! I'm definitely planning to wear my sweats and bring my ipod. And then, on race day, there's no question that I'll win my age group in cone setting upping and runner registration.

Happy Thursday, everyone.

10 comments:

X-Country2 said...

So long as that $150 an hour doesn't also get you a handy and some X, I'd say you're golden!

TUWABVB said...

That is the BEST idea for a float! I love it.

Are you going to give Uncle Sam a misaligned spine in the X-ray. Might freak the kids out, but would get your point across. :)

Laura said...

Let me know if you need a beached whale for your float. I'd be happy to help out.

Lauren said...

That's a great idea for the float. I'd like to see the statue of liberty's x-ray. Hilarious!

Amy said...

Laura, watch out with the volunteering!!!! I might just need a beached whale to throw candy!

Jo said...

So what 1/2 Marathon are you volunteering for (if I'm allowed to ask)? Is it the MDI one or out of state?
And I'm sure you're gonna rock the cone-setting-upping so hard that you set a course record. And NOT just for your age group. Yes, I bet you're THAT good.
Maybe you could wear one of the x-ray float costumes while you volunteer for the race. Cuz nothing would encourage runners as a rib-sporting Uncle Sam passing out free water.

Jes said...

I love your float idea! I hope you'll post pictures. Have fun at the race!

Mel said...

You know I might want to see that guys portfolio for $150 an hour his stuff will probably be really good.

I could make it a trip to Maine or something...

I LOVE the Uncle Sam in the X-ray for the float.

Unknown said...

Thank you Amy! (I would have thanked you days ago, but had the bubonic plague...er...a virus and was dying for a few days)
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much very nice article...........

___________________
Smarry
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment